Submissions for Spring '15 are now closed. Please check back in the fall for our next submission period.
- We publish translations of poetry, short or excerpted fiction, plays, and literary nonfiction. We also consider English-language reviews, interviews, and essays on translation and translation studies. Writers of reviews and interviews should query us by email before submitting.
- We happily accept simultaneous submissions, but ask that you notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere. Note that we no longer accept submissions via post.
To be considered for publication, submissions must include:
- both the original and the translation;
- 50 to 100-word biographies of both author and translator;
- a short note on the process of translation (refer to our previously published notes for ideas);
- permission for online publication of the original.
Please collate the above in a single .doc or .docx attachment and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name of your author and the title of your submission in the body of your email.
Guidelines for length:
- poetry: up to 7 poems;
- fiction: up to 4000 words;
- drama: up to 15 pages;
- literary nonfiction: up to 4000 words, or up to 2500 words for translated criticism;
- reviews: up to 500 words (longer pieces may be acceptable if multiple works are being reviewed together);
- interviews: up to 2500 words;
- essays on translation: up to 2500 words.